In June 1895, a small group of cycling enthusiasts met at the Wesley school rooms at Flemington Hill and formed themselves into the North Suburban Cycling Club. Mr. W. F. Furlonge was the first President along with Mr. H. W. Chenoweth as the Secretary, thus becoming the now known North Suburban Sports Club.
Four years later in 1899 the Club moved to a rented Clubhouse at the rear of a two storey brick building on the north west corner of Maribyrnong and Ascot Vale roads and became known as the "Iron Palace"
The same year saw Members subscribing one shilling per week to buy a bluthner (piano) which is still in use to this day! The Club was lit by gas, Mr. J Holding was then Honarary Secretary and the Club colours were red & maroon which were subsequently changed to red & black in 1902.
During this time Mr. J. D. Aikerman, (Essendon Councillor) and later MLC for Melbourne, and the Lord Mayor of Melbourne, Sir Henry Weeden, both good friends, put forward the motto name (DUM, VIVANUS, VIVANUS) being part of the last line of an Adam Lindsay Gordon's poem (Seaspray) to the committee was accepted.
In 1902 Mr. J. G. Akerman was elected President with Mr. J. J. O'Connor, Treasurer at that time of the Essendon Football Club, together with committee members officially changed the club colours to red & black.
A new Clubhouse location was sought and eventually the present site of the Club was purchased with 120 members taking out a one pound debenture with interest of 5% featuring Messer's Akerman, J. Young and R. Ovens as trustees. The building commenced on the 10th of October 1903 and was completed on the 11th of January 1904, so continued 113 years of the now known North Suburban Sports Club.
In 2012 the board lead by Neil Anderson decided it was time to change the name of the club. January 2013 the Club officially changed our name to The Moonee Ponds Club. A new era of the club has been born.